Karen's Keepers

Karen's Keepers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Random thoughts . . . .

I completed the other jigsaw puzzle that my daughter gave me for Christmas. The first half went pretty fast because there were so many different sections to it and my daughter helped some, but the last part was all in shades of green, and was pretty difficult. I am a 'finisher' so I was glad to have it done, but I enjoyed the process. I found a couple of other puzzles in my cupboard that have never been opened, so I'm sure that I will feel 'compelled' to do them soon.





I've had another birthday. It seems like they happen every year.

Randy got me a couple of dogs (brothers) that met just about all my criteria. They're maltipoos (maltese/poodle) so they have hair instead of fur and won't shed, they're small enough to be house dogs and fit through our doggy door, they're neutered, they're house trained, and they've had their vocal chords scraped so that when they bark it is very quiet and won't hurt Randy's ears. They are 4 years old, so they've already grown out of 'puppy' tendencies. I do have to get them their rabies shots, however. The lady that we got them from was moving higher up in the mountains to a community that does not allow fences, and there had also been sightings of mountain lions and she didn't want them eating her dogs!! She called them 'Charlie' and 'Joe', but we're going to call them 'Curly' and 'Moe.'


Tyler gave me an ipod that he had loaded with some apps that he thought I would like. He's got the scriptures on it and Randy wants to borrow it for Sunday school when he teaches. Anyway, I have a lot of 'learning' to do!

I planted some new plants in my front planter now that the flowers on my tulips and daffodils are gone. Heidi will get me some other plants at the nursery where she works about 1 day a week, but they aren't in season quite yet.

I went through all my old pictures and photo albums and organized everything. We had old photo albums where pages had been chewed by puppies that we had long ago, and some where the glue wasn't sticking any more. I also had some pictures that I had never put in books. I made a new book of Randy growing up and his extended family. I did another one of me growing up and my extended family. Then I also did 9 other albums of pictures of the two of us and our kids as they grew up. Plus, I re-taped some pictures in our wedding album that had come loose. Since everything is digital and on computer now, I didn't really have anything from the last few years. I know a lot of people are scanning their old pictures - but I declined to do that.

Finally, we are excited to talk to Dylan this Sunday on Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'm going to be able to think of Curly as anything but Falcor.

    ReplyDelete