Karen's Keepers

Karen's Keepers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Olympics - here I come!



First – my hip. Originally I was supposed to go to the physical therapist twice a week starting a few weeks after my surgery. I told her I wanted all the therapy to go fast because I had ‘busy times’ coming, plus I just didn’t want it to drag on. I don’t think she was too impressed. Anyway, that was on a Wednesday. She asked “Do you want to come back on Friday or wait until Monday?” I opted for Monday. She had me doing exercises twice a day. When I went back in the next Monday, she was so impressed with the fact that I actually DID my exercises, and I was progressing so well that she said I didn’t have to come back for 2 weeks! Woo-hoo!  I was doing the exercises that she had assigned me to do, plus adding about 30 minutes a day on my stationary bike. (I wanted to start doing the treadmill, but we had to get a new walking tread for it since the one on it was really frayed and starting to get holes. We ordered one, and then it took Randy about a week to put it on and finally get everything correct so that it wasn’t making a lot of noise.) 
Anyway, I also slowly started adding my regular stretch and strengthening exercises. When I went back two weeks later, she was again impressed and said she would send the results (they measured my range again) up to my doctor. I had an appointment with him that week and he said everything looked good enough that I wouldn’t need to see him again!! I am still going to do the exercises the physical therapist gave me for another month (my hip should be fully healed by then) and add time to the bike and treadmill. I don’t think I’ll be in the Olympics any time soon, but I am so excited to be almost healed. :)

8 months pregnant
Second - Part of the ‘busy times’ come this weekend. Randy is flying to Colorado and then driving a moving truck back here. My daughter Ingrid, who is 8+ months pregnant (with a daughter), will be coming to stay for awhile along with her 20 month old son. Her husband, Jeff, and their 2 dogs will follow in a few weeks. We will definitely have a full house! It will actually be fun to have a toddler and a newborn around, but I’m not as young as I used to be! I hope I can keep up.

Lastly – I have a CD out!



















For Christmas I always try to do something extra for my kids, and this year I decided to make a CD. It has a bunch of songs that I sing lead on, and a few duets with Randy. They are all original songs that Randy wrote. Randy will put all the songs up on Root Note (which puts it on ITunes, Amazon, etc.) where they can be bought and downloaded one at a time, or I have the entire CD for sale. They will be $10 each, or $13 if I have to send it through the mail. Just email me (kmundy@digis.net)  – I am not doing this through paypal right now. Think – stocking stuffer! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment