Karen's Keepers

Karen's Keepers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Puzzles and Disasters

My daughter, Heidi, gave me 2 puzzles for Christmas. Since I am obsessive/compulsive and also a Finisher, I have been working on one of them in my spare time for the last few weeks. I think I will wait a while to get the other one out!!




Also, while I was at the doctor's office for my follow-up visit after the cortizone shot to my leg joint (it is still doing great), I read an article in Time Magazine about natural disasters in the U.S. It said in the 1980's the number of natural disasters that cost at least $1 billion dollars per year on average was 1. From the year 2000 - 2008 there was an average of 5 of these disasters per year. In 2009-2010 there was an average of 7.5 per year. And in 2011 there were 12 of these disasters. (The article said that was because of La Nina). The prediction for 2012 is that there will be less - but they don't know about prophecy, I guess. "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment